From: Samuel Tran [mailto:stran@amnh.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 19, 2005 1:48 PM
To: Henderson, David
Cc: openldap
Subject: RE: installation problems

On Wed, 2005-10-19 at 12:49 -0400, Henderson.David@mail.dc.state.fl.us
wrote:
> When running OpenLDAP config script it tells me:
>
> "Configure: error: could not locate TLS/SSL package"
>
> However, when its "checking for /openssl/ssl.h" it gives a "yes"
> response.  All below it are no.  Any ideas?

Please make sure that OpenSSL was installed in /usr/local/ssl.

Did you to set the CPPFLAGS and LDFLAGS as follows?:

$ export CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include
-I/usr/local/ssl/include"
$ export LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib"

Then run your configure as described below?:
$ ./configure	--enable-bdb \
		--with-cyrus-sasl \
		--enable-spasswd \
		--enable-slurpd \