Re: SysV-ish Init Script: Run Levels?

Jim Seymour wrote:
Andres Tarallo <tarallo@ort.edu.uy> wrote:

It's not very clear to me what you are asking.

[snip]

At what run level(s), and, if important, after what other init
scripts, should slapd (and slurpd, come to think of it) be
started?

That depends on what you're using it for. Probably early on in the game. If you're using it in an NSS environment then you more or less have to. If it's just a plain old directory it can be started up later.

I use it to authenticate accounts in a Samba domain. To me, the crucial chain of order to respect is

    slapd
    nscd
    cups
    samba

and in the reverse order when shutting down.

Hope this helps,
David

Tnx,
Jim

--
"It's overkill of course, but you can never have too much overkill."