Re: How do I get a good gdb trave of slapd?

On Wed, 2005-07-20 at 10:12 -0400, Aaron Richton wrote:
> > and not through pam. Even slaptest segfaults after saying
> Does it say NULL, or did you miss an error message here?
>
> > Therefore: How should I use gdb to get a good trace? My problem is that
> Try "info threads", "thread <#>", and "thread apply all" (as in "thread
> apply all bt").
>
> > If this is a known issue with this version (that I know is old) then
> > please say so, but if not I'd rather get it working than have to build
> > my own rpms from time to time.
> See
>
> http://www.openldap.org/devel/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/Attic/CHANGES?rev=1.5.6.237&hideattic=1&sortbydate=0
>
> for the 2.2 changelog. Four fixes for "SASL" since 2.2.15. Nine fixes for
> "crash" since 2.2.15. If you're going to take the time to ponder the
> output of gdb, wouldn't you feel better knowing you weren't duplicating
> effort by running against 2.2.26/2.2.27? While you're at it, make sure
> your version of cyrus-sasl is recent, as well.
>
> > >From slaptest I got this stacktrace:
>
> Personally, I'd be interested in starting with -d -1 output from a recent
> version sooner than a backtrace.
thanks for the tip.

I thank all who answered me. In the end, a recompile of the SuSE 9.3
rpms saved me.

It seems to me that OL support for newish autotools (i.e. newer version
of automake and aclocal) should be improved. Are there any plans to do
this?

Kind regards,
Tarjei

--