Re: concurrency problem

> Hi, i'm using openldap-2.0.27 in a redhat 9 box.

Dude!  Using 2.0.27 in production is pure madness.  Upgrade.  This is
like running Samba 1.9 or a 2.0 kernel and complaining that performance
is bad.

> I have installed qmail-ldap, and it the hours of high traffic it can't
> get a connection to the ldap server, i wrote to the qmail-ldap list, and
> they toll me that it was a concurrency problem, so I rise the
> concurrency and the threads to 500, but i still have the same error.

You are never going to get 500 concurrent threads,  setting it that high
won't accomplish anything.

> # rootdn can always write!
> disallow bind_anon
> #concurrency
> concurrency 500
> threads 500

These values are not realistic.  Just making them higher will not help
performance.

> database        ldbm

Performance with ldbm is terrible,  upgrade and user BDB or HDB

Seriously, 2.0.x is very very very old.  Performance of late versions of
2.2.x is ORDERS OF MAGNITUDE higher.  When we upgraded we didn't even
need the benchmark to tell it was heckuva-lot-faster

> # Replicas to which we should propagate changes
> #replica host=ldap-1.example.com:389 tls=yes
> #       bindmethod=sasl saslmech=GSSAPI
> #       authcId=host/ldap-master.example.com@EXAMPLE.COM

And your sure that DNS performance and related factors are good and
stable?