Re: Replication failed, only slave is updated...

At 01:20 AM 7/4/2005, Jonas Helgi Palsson wrote:
>What I do not understand is why the PDC was allowed to change the slave
>directly. As it says in http://www.openldap.org/doc/admin23/replication.html
><quote>
>Sample replication scenario:
>1. The LDAP client submits an LDAP modify operation to the slave slapd.
>2. The slave slapd returns a referral to the LDAP client referring the client
>to the master slapd.
></quote>

You likely configured the client to update the slave using
the updatedn.  The updatedn should only be used by slurpd
(or when purposely updating a slave as needed to resolve
a replication inconsistency).  That is, you should not
use the updatedn for any purpose except replication.

Kurt