Re: trouble in installing openldap: configure: error: Could not locate TLS/SSL package

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org]On Behalf Of Sameer N
Ingole
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 12:57 AM
To: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: trouble in installing openldap: configure: error: Could not
locate TLS/SSL package

Yoginee Bhagwat wrote:

Hi ,

I am trying to install openldap2.2.26 on linux. I have installed
openssl0.9.8-beta6 and BerkeleyDB4.3

Here is how I am running config :

env CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include -I/usr/local/ssl/include/openssl
-I/usr/kerberos/include -I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/include"
LDFLAGS="-R/usr/local/ssl/lib -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
-R/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/lib -L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.3/lib"
./configure --with-tls --enable-slurpd

but I get following error.

checking for sys/un.h... yes

checking for openssl/ssl.h... yes

checking for ssl.h... yes

checking for SSLeay_add_ssl_algorithms in -lssl... no

checking for SSL_library_init in -lssl... no

checking for ssl3_accept in -lssl... no

configure: error: Could not locate TLS/SSL package

Did you install libssl development libs?
Check here http://www.proscrutiny.com/howtos/OpenLDAP.html

If thats not the reason, post the output after installing libssl-devel
if you have not.

Regards,

--
Sameer N. Ingole
/*****************************************************/

Yoginee Bhagwat wrote:

Hi,

It is an excellent document. I installed ldap exactly as mentioned in
document and didn't not get any errors. Also make test showed that all
the
tests were successful. Now the problem is that I don't see openldap dir
in
/usr/local/etc. There is no openldap dir or slapd.conf anywhere on the
server. How can I find out what went wrong and in this case how come
make
test was successful ?

First of all thank you very much.
You brought this big error in document to my notice.
You need to
make install
as root to complete the installation.

Thank you for your input. The document is revised.
Inserted that *most important* step to complete installation.
This indicates me to revise the document and insert the
locations where you can find files you may need to change.

Please do not top post. That breaks reading flow.
I have altered mail for this post.

Thanks for help,
-Yoginee

Regards,