Re: Casual benchmarking OS performace with OpenLDAP

On Wed, 30 Mar 2005 11:16:13 -0800
"Matthew Hardin" <mhardin@symas.com> wrote:

> Hi James,
>
> Take a look at http://www.symas.com/benchmark.shtml. We've spent some time
> doing this in a more formal manner, and it may save you some time. We've
> also provided the tuning information that helped us achieve the results we
> did.
>
> Hope this helps...

I've looked at that, and actually run DirectoryMark, but I wasn't getting
results that seemed to make much sense. I got 40 ops/s at one point, changed
the number of processes, and dropped to about 5 ops/s. I figured I was
doing something wrong as that wasn't adding up to being able to retrieve
80000 LDAP records in 4 seconds.

Checking the config, I see you had your servers configured like so:

	Setting 		CDS
	Database Cachesize 	384 MB
	Entry Cachesize 	10,000
	IDL Cachesize 		30,000
	Access Logging 		Disabled

Is my config substantially different? I didn't think so. At any rate,
the differences in the platforms still doesn't add up. I figured maybe
there was some tweak I was missing.

Does the config I posted look reasonable?

Thanks,
Jim