Re: ACI?

Hallvard B Furuseth wrote:

Pierangelo Masarati writes:

Ted Kaczmarek wrote:

Is openldap with aci enabled still considered development?

(...) In 2.3, some effort is being put in determining if they
suffer from deadlocking, and apparently they don't; I cannot say the
same for erlier releases because no such testing has been done
consistently, AFAIK.

I thought that was 'access ... by set='.  It's 'by aci' too?

Anything that can touch multiple entries while evaluating a single access check has the potential to cause a deadlock. Since ACIs residing in one entry can refer to groups, sets, and other entries, then the potential for a problem exists. We haven't done enough testing / investigation to state with certainty that there is no problem.

--
 -- Howard Chu