Re: Subtree delete not supported: HDB bug?

On Fri, 25 Mar 2005 17:06:35 -0600 (CST)
Eric Irrgang <erici@motown.cc.utexas.edu> wrote:

> > I found that when I set up the database using HDB, I wasn't able to delete
> > some of my contacts:
> >
> > 	ldapdelete -r -H ldaps://server.cise.ufl.edu \
> > 	-D uid=jfh,ou=Users,dc=cise,dc=ufl,dc=edu -Y GSSAPI
> > 	'cn=Someone There,ou=userabook,uid=jfh,ou=Users,dc=cise,dc=ufl,dc=edu'
> >
> > 	SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
> > 	SASL username: jfh@CISE.UFL.EDU
> > 	SASL SSF: 56
> > 	SASL installing layers
> > 	Delete Result: Operation not allowed on non-leaf (66)
> > 	Additional info: subtree delete not supported
>
> Did you get this sorted out?  I'm seeing something similar, but sporadically.
>
> Do all deletes for uid=*,ou=Users,dc=cise,dc=ufl,dc=edu fail or just random ones?

Honestly, I'm still in the testing phase of setting up our LDAP directory,
so I didn't do much more testing than that.

> One of my two replicas rejected three of four deletes I sent last night
> for similar objects in the same subtree and continues to reject the
> deletes with the same error.  The deletes worked fine on the other
> directory.
>
> I was approaching the problem as a database corruption issue, but you're
> saying that you reloaded your data into an empty database and had the same
> problem?  Did you actually remove the old database and journal files or
> just slapadd your ldif in again?

I removed everything, slapadded the ldif, and the same problem occurred.

I did the same thing after changing the definition bdb and the deletes
worked as expected.

I've just upgraded to 2.3.2beta, though, I can see if I see the same
behavior with that.

Jim