ldap_result returns 0 before exceeding timeout

Hey,

I'm performing ldap_modify operation and than getting result by calling ldap_result.

If I set timeout to 1s mostly it executes correctly, but sometimes ldap_results returns 0 after 5ms as it would have exceeded timeout. If I set timeout to 500ms it always returns 0 after very short time (~5ms). If I set timeout to 1.1s it executes always correctly.

Anyone have any idea why is it happening? I would like to have this timeout shorter than 1s.

Tomas