Re: ldapdb troubleshooting

On Sun, 13 Mar 2005, Howard Chu wrote:

Dr. Lars Hanke wrote:

Hi there,

well, I compiled the ldapdb auxprop in order to have a couple of services to authenticate with the LDAP repository. I started with imap and immediately ran into trouble. This is what imtest wrote to auth.log:

Mar 13 17:57:28 localhost saslpasswd2: _sasl_plugin_load failed on sasl_auxprop_plug_init for plugin: ldapdb
Mar 13 17:57:28 localhost saslpasswd2: auxpropfunc error invalid parameter supplied

What does this want to tell me? Is there a resonable approach to set up a test suite?

Some details about the configuration:

I put up a config: cat /usr/lib/sasl2/imapd.conf
pwcheck_method: auxprop
auxprop_plugin: ldapdb
ldapdb_uri: ldaps://adept.mgr
ldapdb_id: mailadmin
ldapdb_pw: ********
ldapdb_mech: DIGEST-MD5
However, slapd does not report anythig, i.e. the error occurs before LDAP is contacted.

I vaguely recall that Cyrus imapd is weird in its config file parsing. Try prefixing the ldapdb directives with "sasl_". Sorry I don't remember enough of the details to be clearer.

He needs to rename this file to Cyrus.conf or place these directives with prefixed "sasl_" into the cyrus-imapd config file (usually /etc/imapd.conf).

--
Igor