Re: wrong sasl library

Howard Chu wrote:
Jon Roberts wrote:
I have an RH9 bang-box that was running OL 2.2.5 until this morning. I am rebuilding the db and wanted to take the opportunity to upgrade to 2.2.23 but I'm having trouble.

My configure, make, make depend, make, make test, and make install commands work fine as always, but when I try to run the new server I get this in the logs:

Mar 10 16:28:34 kermit slapd[32042]: slap_sasl_init: SASL library version mismatch: expected 2.1.17, got 2.1.10
Mar 10 16:28:34 kermit slapd[32042]: slapd stopped.
Mar 10 16:28:34 kermit slapd[32042]: connections_destroy: nothing to destroy.
Any hints as to how I force the use of my local sasl libraries?

You probably needed to add -R flags as well, or just set LD_LIBRARY_PATH appropriately before starting the executables.

Thanks. I exported a sane LD_LIBRARY_PATH in the launch script, and that did it.

Compiling 2.2.5 won't make this problem go away, you have to ensure the sanity of your runtime environment regardless.

Hmm. I must've picked up RedHat's stock Cyrus SASL 2.1.10 when I did my initial build.

Also, I hope you used the right configure options when building sasl, otherwise you're going to wind up with the 2.1.17 library loading the 2.1.10 plugins.

I actually just grabbed 2.1.20 and rebuilt it using configure --with-plugindir=/usr/local/lib/sasl2. I'm assuming that's what you meant. And yes, I also rebuilt OL.

>> % setenv | grep FLAGS
>> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib/sasl2 -L/usr/local/lib -L/usr/lib
>> -L/usr/local/ssl/lib
>> CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/local/include/sasl -I/usr/include
>> -I/usr/local/ssl/include
>> CFLAGS=-O -g

For the record, I also removed -L/usr/lib and -I/usr/include from these values as advised by the gcc man page. I'm such a C-tard :)

Thanks again, Howard.

Jon Roberts
www.mentata.com