Re: time limit on non-idle connections?

It seems to me that a klugey workaround would be to issue a HUP (assuming
gentlehup is on), wait for niceguytimelimit, and then issue an INT if
slapd is still running.

The gentlehup section of the slapd.conf man page implies that this is
safe.  I wasn't sure how slapd would handle two termination signals...  I
presume this is still a safe shutdown?

Trivial as this approach would be, is there something more... elegant?

--
Eric Irrgang - UT Austin ITS Unix Systems - (512)475-9342