Bug in JDBC-LDAP Bridge - JndiLdapConnection

As per the documention of JDBC-LDAP Bridge on OctetString's website regarding
the properties that can be passed in the ldapConnectString:-
ignore_transactions: set to true if calls to setAutoCommit(), commit() and
rollback() should be ignored. Default is false.

I was using Apache's dbcp to manage my connections to various databases
including connections to my ldap servers. However when the
org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource initializes it does certain
validations during it makes calls to the connection objects setAutoCommit(),
rollback(), etc.

If the ignore_transactions property is not sent via the ldapConnectString,
any calls to setAutoCommit(), commit() and rollback() methods in
com.octetstring.jdbcLdap.jndi.JndiLdapConnection results in
SQLException("LDAP Does Not Support Transactions") being thrown. The above is
done via a:
if (! this.ignoreTransactions) {
	throw new SQLException("LDAP Does Not Support Transactions");
}

But the rollback() method does not have the above if block and throws a
SQLException directly.

The source code of JndiLdapConnection can be found at:
http://www.openldap.org/devel/cvsweb.cgi/~checkout~/src/com/octetstring/jdbcL
dap/jndi/JndiLdapConnection.java?rev=1.4&cvsroot=JDBCLDAP&hideattic=1&sortbyd
ate=0

Regards,

Suraj Amin

This email may contain information which is privileged or confidential. If you are not the intended recipient of this email, please notify the sender immediately and delete it without reading, copying, storing, forwarding or disclosing its contents to any other person
Thank you

Check us out at http://www.bt.com/consulting