LDAP installation problem

Hi everyone,

I'm a french newly user of NetBSD (and Linux systems...)
I want to create a LDAP server in my company and all help I've found on the
Internet has not permit me to succeed...
I have buyed "LDAP" edited by O'Reilly and decided to go step by step like the
book says.
But my problem is that I can't install OPENLDAP because of my version of
Database Manager (DB-4.3.27.NC). The book recommend to download the last version
of each software (openssl (http://www.openssl.org), db
(http://www.sleepycat.com/download/index.shtml), cyrus-sasl
(ftp://ftp.andrew.cmu.edu/pub/cyrus-mail/) and openldap
(http://www.openldap.org/software/download/)) and I did it.
I tried 3 different versions of Database Manager but always the same message
"Version incompatible".
I don't know what I can do now.
Please if you have a solution, can you help me ?

Ps : excuse my bad english.