RE: Constraint violation in Replication setup.

--On Friday, March 04, 2005 2:53 PM -0500 Reinhard Nappert <rnappert@juniper.net> wrote:

Quanah, you might be right. I used just ldapBrowser for that initial
test.

I wrote quickly a JNDI client, where I add the property to follow
referrals:

DirContext ctx = new InitialDirContext(env);
ctx.addToEnvironment(Context.REFERRAL,"follow");

I still get the same error:
javax.naming.NamingException: [LDAP: error code 80 - no
structuralObjectClass operational attribute]; remaining name
'o=test,dc=net'

I also snooped on port 389 and I do not see any traffic from the slave
to the master. Somehow, it is not following the referral. The updateref
directive looks fine to me. Do you see any abnormal configuration items.

Reinhard,

I think you misunderstand referrals.  They work this way:

Client tries to make a modification to the slave.
Slave rejects the modification and returns the referral for the master to the client.
The client then makes a new connection to the master, and updates the master.

So you should never see traffic from the slave to the master in this scenario.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer