RE: Constraint violation in Replication setup.

--On Friday, March 04, 2005 1:34 PM -0500 Reinhard Nappert <rnappert@juniper.net> wrote:

Hi, again,

I went through a previous thread
(http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200406/msg00060.html),
which dealt with the same issue, I encounter. Unfortunately, there was
no real solution to that. Gavin just switched the boxes and changed the
configuration accordingly. Due to desperation, I did the same and I am
back to my initial issue, which I posted:
http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200502/msg00453.html

Now, I can add an entry with a client, connected to the master. This
master propagates the entry to the slave. So, master can bind to the
slave and add the entry. However, the io-rate is up (50%). When I start
slurpd with -d 65535, I get the following output over and over again,
although no changes were performed:

new work in /opt/UMC/openldap/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog
copy replog "/opt/UMC/openldap/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog"
to "/opt/UMC/openldap/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog"

This sounds to me like you told slurpd to write its replog to the same location that you told slapd to write its replog. Please note that slurpd and slapd need different locations for their replogs. What are the parameters you are using to start slurpd?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer