Re: OL 2.2.23 extensible matching on dn components

> On Tue, 1 Mar 2005, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:
>
>> I think this issue is related to ITS#3406, which has been fixed in
>> HEAD/2.3 with respect to extensible match in regular AVAs but not in
>> dnattrs.  The problem, in short, is that a normalized asserted value
>> gets
>> compared to a non-normalized attribute value; in fact, I suggest you try
>> "(dc:dn:=brgs)", which should work (by chance) since the normalized and
>> non-normalized value are the same.  ITS#3406 needs be reopened with
>> respect to the dnattrs, but it's unlikely this will be fixed in 2.2.
>
> Yes, "(dc:dn:=brgs)" works, aswell does "(ou:dn:=sonstige)" (after
> renaming it).
>
> Tommorrow I'll checkout HEAD and test your fix, but I'd rather work around
> this filter on all clients than run alpha releases on our servers...
>
> Any chance that you guys could fix this in 2.2 as well, please? :-)

If you follow the ITS#3406 thread you'll notice that other issues are
arising about that.  I think it's unlikely.  In principle, since this can
be considered a bug rather than a feature, it could get fixed in 2.2
unlòess it requires too extensive changes.  I need to check how extensive
it is to backport the current fixes, and what's required to fix the index
issues, so I'd recommend no expectations shortly.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it