Re: Certificates in TLS with applications in language C

On Wednesday 23 February 2005 12:32, Jordi Ingles wrote:
> Hi people!,
>
> First of all, sorry with my poor english.
>
> I'm working with LDAP in SSL/TLS.
> The problem that I've got is how to indicate in a client application
> its certifcate. I've been reading the Admin's guide but I only found
> the start_tls_s function.
> To indicate the client's certificate in ssl we could use the
> ldapssl_client_init(path_cert,NULL) function, what is the equivalent
> one in tls?.
With the OpenLDAP libraries you should be able to set that via
ldap_set_option(). The option for the certificate file is
LDAP_OPT_X_TLS_CERTFILE. (Have a look at ldap.h for the other possible
TLS options).

--
Ralf Haferkamp
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg