OpenLDAP 2.2.23 and slurpd

Hi,

I configured (--enable-slurpd), compiled and installed OpenLDAP 2.2.23 (for SUN Solaris 8)  on three different boxes, where one master pushes changes to 2 slaves.

All boxes contain just 2 entries (identical). I noticed that I get an io-wait of more than 50 %, when I slurpd process, although I do not perform any data changes.

Here is my slapd.conf configuration:

Master:
replogfile /opt/openldap/var/openldap-slurp/replica/slurpd.replog

replica uri=ldap://slave1:389
        binddn="cn=replAdmin,o=test"
        bindmethod=simple
        credentials=secret

replica uri=ldap://slave2:389
        binddn="cn=replAdmin,o=test"
        bindmethod=simple
        credentials=secret

slaves:

updatedn cn=replAdmin,o=test
updateref ldap://master:389

Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

BTW: I want to have a distributed environment, where bulk of LDAP operations are searches. LDAPsync may be the way to go? Any comments on that?

Thanks
-Reinhard