Password strength checking/cracking

I would like to either enable some sort of password strength check and/or
install a password cracker for my OpenLDAP installation.
Current version is Openldap 2.2.17 (compiled from source)
Passwords are in the default format ( I believe it's the default)  ( SSHA)
ldbm backend
RedHat Enterprise Linux 3.0 server.

What are my options for
1. configuring OpenLDAP to enforce some sort of password strength check.
2. installing/configuring a password cracker.

Basically I'd like to configure LDAP to enforce strong passwords and/or
know if a user has a weak password.

Thanks for any suggestions.

Joe Morin

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail, including attachments, is for the sole use of the individual to whom it is addressed. This message is confidential and may contain information that is privileged, confidential and is exempt from disclosure under applicable law. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and destroy this message and its attachments.