Re: registeredAddress, postalAddress and homePostalAddress trouble

--On Thursday, February 10, 2005 6:52 AM +0100 Pascal BOYER <pascal@linuxorable.net> wrote:

Quoting Quanah Gibson-Mount <quanah@stanford.edu>:

--On Thursday, February 10, 2005 6:17 AM +0100 pascal@linuxorable.net
wrote:

"Kurt D. Zeilenga" <Kurt@OpenLDAP.org> a Ãcrit :

Various list matching rules are not implemented, hence any
assertion of these rules will evaluate to Undefined.

So, you think that postalAddress is not implemented ?
I found that curious, because it is commonly used.

No, the substring index rule for postalAddress is not implemented.

specifically for this case: caseIgnoreListSubstringsMatch

Sorry, I'm realy not a LDAP master. Then, does "caseIgnore<index>Match" means the index is not defined ? and if that true, does it means I can't do a search on the related attribute ?

For any type of indexing for an attribute to work, there must be rules in the schema definition of that attribute specifying what indexing types are allowed, and the rules to apply for that type of indexing.

Not all of the rules for the indexing types are currently implemented in OpenLDAP. That means, the caseIgnoreListSubstringsMatch rule doesn't exist in OpenLDAP, and any attribute using that rule for substring indexing cannot currently be indexed, so you are out of luck at this time.

Solutions include:

1) Reading the related RFC, writing code for that rule set, and submitting it to OpenLDAP.
2) Hiring a company to do that and contribute it back to OpenLDAP.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer