password not found

Hello,

I have successfully migrated from openldap-server 2.1.x on Debian to
openldap-2.2.19 on FreeBSD 5.3 with SSL auth, queries work but on the
client side, with the same settings, i cannot query the server for a
password like :
getent passwd jdoe

The same machines work properly with the other server. I do have
ldap.conf, libnss-ldap.conf properly set as well, a search like the
following works :
ldapwhoami -x -D uid=jdoe,ou=People,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com -H
ldaps://host.fqdn.com:636 -W

The only thing on the server side i could not set was this :

access to attribute=userPassword
        by dn="cn=admin,dc=my,dc=domain,dc=com" write
        by anonymous auth
        by self write
        by * none

So i am guessing this is my issue, anyone would know why slapd.conf on
openldap-server 2.2 would refuse this ? The error i get is :
/usr/local/etc/openldap/slapd.conf: line 58: expecting <what> got "attribute"

Thanks for the help !
Steph
--
"Step by step, penguins are taking my sanity apart ..."