Re: dn.regex issue (solved)

Thanks,

I keep that quote to give the search engines proper keywords, for those
experiencing the same problems:
> >> of slapd you're using doesn't recognize the "dn[.<style>]" options for
> >> saslAuthzTo (which was renamed authzTo in recent releases).  I suggest >
> This is supposedly the case:
> > #> dpkg -l slapd
> > slapd 2.1.30-3 OpenLDAP server (slapd)
> > Is there a way around it in OpenLDAP 2.1? The goal for this machine is to
> As I referenced in my article, dn.regex is only available in
> OpenLDAP-2.2, OpenLDAP version 2.1 requires a ldap URL.

Sorry, I somehow was too confident in Debian Sarge (testing) to run current
software, and I lost the line in the article, ie. 2.1.17 related to SASL not
to LDAP.

I replaced the attribute
saslAuthzTo: dn.regex: cn=(.*),ou=mailbox,dc=uac,dc=mgr
with
saslAuthzTo: ldap:///ou=mailbox,dc=uac,dc=mgr??sub?(objectclass=qMailUser)
and it works like a charm!

Thanks to the list,
 - lars.