LDAP replication

Hi,

I'm trying to replicate OpenLDAP 2.1 with 2.2.  I
tried to follow the guide in OpenLDAP website, but
there are a few things I still don't quite understand.

In the master config, I should provide a replica with
the binddn and the credential.  But where does the
credential goes in the slave config?  I only see
updatedn, but none on the credential.  Is the
credential not needed?

I tried the replication, but replog (defined in the
master's slapd.conf) is empty, and slurpd.replog is
still keeping the changes in it.

syslog does not give me any info also.

What is the proper step to debug this?