Re: problems with Upgrading bdb 4.1 to 4.2

--On Wednesday, November 17, 2004 4:08 AM +0000 MS <opensrc_eng@yahoo.co.in> wrote:

Hello all, I was using OpenLDAP 2.1.25 build with static BerkeleyDB 4.1.25 libraries.Now i have upgraded my OpenLDAP to 2.2.15 with static BerkeleyDB 4.2.52.I am working in HP-UX.Is there a way to recover my databases files?.i was just using db_recover&db_upgrade(But not very sure if i followed rite steps).When i started my new LDAP with older database it either coredumps at few cases or get me some erres like slapd log ====== <= entry_decode: str2ad(om): AttributeDescription contains inappropriate characters <= entry_decode: str2undef_ad(om): AttributeDescription contains inappropriate characters Memory fault(coredump)

Is there any best way to upgrade my database files?.Am i missing some
basic things?/

You need to slapcat the old DB with the OpenLDAP 2.1.25 binaries, and then slapadd with the 2.2.15 binaries.

I strongly suggest upgrading to at least OpenLDAP 2.2.17.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer