Re: Will rewrite context in slapd.conf solve my problem?

On Nov 9, 2004, at 9:09 AM, Pierangelo Masarati wrote:

Eep. Thanks for the advice. Stupid broken LDAP clients...

Is there any way for OpenLDAP to just ignore that incoming DN and use
the correct DN as default? It seems another sys admin of mine had QMP
working with some older version of OpenLDAP where it didn't seem to
have minded a weird DN like that.

I can't try it, but it looked like suffixAlias would have been able to
do this with older builds of slapd. Am I correct in assuming that?

DN rewrite is just a more powerful implementation of suffixAlias; the
problem is the same: the sanity of the incoming DN is checked before any
backend-related operation, including optional DN mucking, takes place.
Sorry.

Would OpenLDAP recognize "QMPUPDATE" as a DN if it came in as a DN request, but without the DN: part? I can possibly set something up and put all my user info under that DN...what might be the best way of setting things up that way?

Guess I'm open to ideas at this point. I've looked at the source for dn.c, and dnPrettyNormal might be capable of being set up to translate the string to my correct DN, given nothing else breaks. Thoughts from anyone on if that's a good idea?

I need to find a way to get this working, that or spend a half hour or more with each user to import their mail from QuickMail to OS X Mail. And I have 500 people to work with...:) Thanks for any ideas or help!!

--
Danny Wang
The Integer Group