Re: back-sql insert: entry at root denied

After reading your link, I realized what the problem is: if you intend to
add (or modrdn) you can't use a view like that, because adds and modrdns
need to write table ldap_entries.  I don't know yet what type of
interaction prevents you from writing; I guess the view is somehow failing
when there's no data to view?  In any case, you definitely need a real
table
to do writes.  In principle, you could work things around by adding a
"parent" to your view, e.g. by UNIONing your view with another that
defines your rootdn, and tweaking the "insentry_query" directive to
actually do nothing instead of trying to add to ldap_entries.  I've never
tried anything like that, though.  If you succeed, please post.  I'll be
creating a subfolder for back-sql hints in the FAQ shortly.

p.

--
Pierangelo Masarati
mailto:pierangelo.masarati@sys-net.it