configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch - request to amend INSTALL text file for future version of release

Title: configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch - request to amend INSTALL text file for future version of release

List Folks,

I refer to Cameron's experience and his discovery of "workaround" for "Berkeley DB version mismatch" issue w.r.t. Solaris8 and Solaris9:

http://www.openldap.org/lists/openldap-software/200409/msg00357.html

Now I am having the same issue and his workaround works for me.

It seems to me that for 2.2.15 and 2.2.17, running of the following "crle" command is required to "fix?/workaround?" this issue. I did not encounter this issue in 2.2.13.

crle -c /var/ld/ld.config -l /usr/lib:/usr/local/lib:/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib

I agree with some of you that there is no need to touch "crle", but the very fact that many newbies/learners are struggling with this "error" without hints for many frustrating days and nights, may warrant the list "Solaris" folks to verify if this is indeed an issue? If it is I would be appreciative to see that the INSTALL text file gives the newbies/learners proper pointer.

Rgds
Gary