Re: back-perl; where is it working correctly?

Will this ever cause a problem?

On many systems /usr/include/stdio.h contains a 'getline' function
prototype activated by defining _GNU_SOURCE.  Manpage synopsis says:

   #define _GNU_SOURCE
   #include <stdio.h>

ssize_t getline(char **lineptr, size_t *n, FILE *stream); ssize_t getdelim(char **lineptr, size_t *n, int delim, FILE *stream);

  In servers/slurpd/config.c we have -

   #include <stdio.h>
   static char     *getline LDAP_P(( FILE * ));

I could imagine a scenario in which -D_GNU_SOURCE was provided at
compile time (maybe for back-perl?).

Dunno.

Just thought I'd mention it in case anyone cares.

--

Richard Goerwitz                               richard@Goerwitz.COM
tel: 507 645 7015