linking to openldap

Hi,

sorry to ask a question slightly offtopic, but here it goes.

I am trying to compile courier-imap with openldap support. I have setup all the environment variables correctly, but it seems my install of openldap doesn't have the functionality required to build in openldap support, so it doesn't.

The relevant output from the courier-imap configure is this:

checking ldap.h usability... yes
checking ldap.h presence... yes
checking for ldap.h... yes
checking lber.h usability... yes
checking lber.h presence... yes
checking for lber.h... yes
checking netinet/in.h usability... yes
checking netinet/in.h presence... yes
checking for netinet/in.h... yes
checking whether -lresolv is needed for res_query... yes
checking for ber_scanf in -llber... yes
checking for ldap_open in -lldap... no
checking for ldap_search_st... no
checking for ldap_start_tls_s... no
checking for ldap_result2error... no

The last 4 lines are the killers.

I configured openldap with the following:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/openldap --with-tls --with-cyrus-sasl --enable-crypt --enable-bdb

It built and installed fine.

So, my question, how do I build openldap to support:

ldap_open
ldap_search_st
ldap_start_tls_s
dap_result2error