format of -h argument to ldapsearch and friends

Descendents of UMich LDAP libraries generally take (where one LDAP
server's DNS name is required) optional additional LDAP servers, if
they're separated by spaces.

E.g.,

  ldapsearch -h 'ldap1.college.edu ldap2.college.edu' ...

Although the change might be present in earlier versions, I only
just noticed recently (OpenLDAP 2.2.17) that this syntax is no longer
possible.  I receive the following error when I attempt to use the
above syntax:

  Could not create LDAP session handle for
  URI=ldap://ldap1.college.edu ldap2.college.edu -9):
  Bad parameter to an ldap routine

It was perfectly fine in 2.0.x and 2.1.29.  And it's become standard
practice in a lot of other LDAP-enabled software.

BTW, don't forget the opening parends in the above error message
(clients/tools/common.c, line 690; before the %d).

--

Richard Goerwitz                               richard@Goerwitz.COM
tel: 507 645 7015