RE: configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

--On Thursday, September 16, 2004 10:16 AM +0800 "Tay, Gary" <Gary_Tay@platts.com> wrote:

My comments:

1) Pls use /usr/ccs/bin/make (SUN's version) instead of
/usr/local/bin/make (I think this is GNU make), overwrite this in "env
.." prefix of the "./configure" command I suggest.

There is nothing wrong with using GNU's make. I use it on Solaris all the time.

3) I suggest u 1st try to configure without SASL, I use simple bind with
start_tls and avoid SASL, I suggest u remove SASL lib from the LDFLAGS
and CPPFLAGS. For my successful builds I did not use SASL.

OpenLDAP builds just fine with SASL.

6) Could u try the following, explicting saying the API used will be
BDB.

env MAKE=/usr/ccs/bin/make CC=gcc CPPFLAGS="-I/usr/local/ssl/include
-I/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/include" LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/ssl/lib
-L/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib"
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/BerkeleyDB.4.2/lib ./configure --enable-bdb
--enable-ldbm --enable-ldap --without-threads --with-ldbm-api=berkeley
--with-ldbm-module=static --with-ldbm-type=hash --enable-crypt
--with-tls --prefix=/usr/local/openldap

I suggest not enabling LDBM at all for OpenLDAP 2.2, especially when used with Solaris. BDB is superior.

I've been building OpenLDAP on Solaris for 2 years now. It builds just fine in a normal environment.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer