From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Cameron Gregg
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 12:26 PM
To: OpenLDAP Software List
Subject: Re: configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Wednesday, September 15, 2004 11:10 AM +1000 Cameron Gregg
> <cam@yak.com.au> wrote:
>
>> On solaris it only gives me the first two lines below, on linux
>> (slackware 10), it gives me the following lines:
>>

>> checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.2)... yes
>> checking for Berkeley DB version match... Berkeley DB version
mismatch
>>          expected: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.3.11: (July 12,
>> 2001)
>>          got: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December  3,
2003)
>> no
>> configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch
>>

>> Why is the latest openldap looking for a version of Berkeley db that
>> is 3 years old?
>

> If I recall correctly, this generally indicates that it found older
> OpenLDAP libraries around that use BDB 3.3.  You need to adjust your
> environment variables for where to look for libraries.
>
> You may (or may not) find
>
> <http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap>
>
> useful.

Thanks. I've figured the linux problem, you are right, it pointed to an
old db.h

on slackware 10 , /usr/include/db.h symlinks to /usr/include/db3/db.h .
there is also a /usr/include/db4/db.h , so I just changed the symlink
and all worked fine.

I still cant work out the solaris prob..

Thanks!
CAmeron