From: owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
[mailto:owner-openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org] On Behalf Of Cameron Gregg
Sent: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 9:11 AM
To: Kurt D. Zeilenga
Cc: OpenLDAP-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

> At 11:43 PM 9/13/2004, Cameron Gregg wrote:
>
>>Hi all,
>>
>>when doing a configure for openldap i get the error:
>>
>>checking for Berkeley DB version match... no
>>configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch
>

> What was the mismatch?
> Was the header version as you expected?
> Was the library version as you expected?
>
> Kurt

On solaris it only gives me the first two lines below, on linux
(slackware 10), it gives me the following lines:

checking for Berkeley DB link (-ldb-4.2)... yes
checking for Berkeley DB version match... Berkeley DB version mismatch
         expected: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 3.3.11: (July 12,
2001)
         got: Sleepycat Software: Berkeley DB 4.2.52: (December  3,
2003)
no
configure: error: Berkeley DB version mismatch

Why is the latest openldap looking for a version of Berkeley db that is
3 years old?

Cam