Does this make sense?

hi,

So I have been using LDAP for internal (LAN/email/FTP) auth for a while now. Works fine. Now I'm whipping up a small ecomm site. That primarily is DB driven with all the user accounts (firs, last, user_name, password...) in a table.

Does it make sense to pump the user data into my directory for authentication? The only reason I can see for that is to maintain a central point of authority. The drawback is I still need to maintain the db table and it will take some work to get the data to move from DB to LDAP as the web application sees fit.

Anyone else doing such a thing? I'd be curious for your input before I make a decision.

Jason.