Re: Extended attrs search

Hi and sorry for the lapsus...

I'll try to explain it better.

If I were using "ldapsearch" in a manual way I should not have problems.

The problem is that I'm trying to create a mail groups through a dynamic query. I only have the next values:

LDAP_LOGIN (global parameter)
LDAP_PASSWORD (global parameter)
BASE_DN (global parameter)
FILTER

As you can see just the FILTER is the variable value. Then, If I want to limit the results of a query only to a OU, the only way to do it is using extended ldapfilter attrs like:

ldapsearch -x -h ideafix -D cn=Manager,o=Enterprise,c=ES -w password "(&(&(&(&(&(c:dn:=ES)(o:dn:=Enterprise))(ou:dn:=CENTRAL))(ou:dn:=IT))(ou:dn:=Systems))(objectClass=qmailUser))"

This is a simulation. The only parameter I can change is the filter. All the other ones are fixed.

And the problem resides in my OpenLDAP server. It returns no answer. The other one (a replica of the first one) returns 16 elements (as I expect). The query es exactly the same. I just change the "-h ideafix" with "-h tiko".

I hope to have explained it better!

Any idea?

	Tx a lot!
	Saxa

Dhiren Pankhania wrote:

I am not clear on your question of limiting. Do you want to limit to the base DN, or the number of searches returned or I assuming you mean the search filter, see below.

Set your search base dn and for further rules on your search filter you can use the following conditions;

& and operator
! Not operator
| or operator

You can combine these for your search i.e. (|(val)(val)) or (&(val)(val)) etc....