Re: (Did Not Work For me...) RE: Error Code 32 - No such object ?

Jitender Bhatia wrote:

I get the following error :

$ ldapadd -x -D "cn=Manager,dc=my-domain,dc=com" -W -f top.ldif
Enter LDAP Password: <I have no password set, so i just press enter>
adding new entry "dc=my-domain,dc=com"
ldap_add: Insufficient access

ldif_record() = 50

Is it that the record is already there ? Or do i have permission problems ?

If the record were already there you would have gotten an error message saying "object already exists."
Your problem is that LDAP ignores authentication attempts with empty passwords. You have bound anonymously, so you have no privileges.

--
 -- Howard Chu