Re: Stop TLS Using OpenLDAP C Libraries

Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:

At 01:58 PM 9/8/2004, Jason Raneses wrote:

In looking at ldap.h, there does not seem to be any function defined that allows stopping of TLS. This functionality is pretty common in other libraries. Are there any plans to implement this functionality, or are there any alternative methods I should explore?

Don't bother stopping TLS

Kurt

In this particular application, the LDAP connections will be pooled, and not every thread using connenctions from the pool will need TLS. Those that do should be able to get a connection from the pool, start TLS before pulling sensitive information from the directory, stop TLS, and then return the connection to the pool so it can be reused. Without being able to stop TLS, I'd have to tear down the connection and put it back in the pool so other threads can use it in a known state. Or, as a workaround, separate pools could be created, but I'd rather not go that route.

Is there any particular technical reason stop TLS hasn't been implemented?

Thanks again,

Jason