Re: Entry lost in limbo?? [was: Adding an entry with @ in cn]

--On Wednesday, September 08, 2004 7:43 PM +0200 Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez@opentechnet.com> wrote:

I finally gave up. I stopped slapd, slapcat'ed the database to a ldiff file, removed the database, and then recreated it with slapadd and restarted slapd. I could add the entry without any problem... I have a copy of the (corrupted?) database in case any bug hunter out there wants to take a look at it.

    Thanks to everybody for your help, best regards
    Jose

Is this stock BDB 4.1.25? Did you apply the suggested patches for it?

You may also want to investigate using BDB 4.2.52 (plus patches), since it fixes resource problems in BDB 4.1.25.

Also, you could make your life easier by just adding a single ACL at the beginning of your ACL file that says something like

access to * by
     <YOUR MASTER DN> write
     by * break

Then your other ACL's don't need to all have your master DN listed as well.

--Quanah

-- Quanah Gibson-Mount Principal Software Developer ITSS/Shared Services Stanford University GnuPG Public Key: http://www.stanford.edu/~quanah/pgp.html