Re: Entry lost in limbo?? [was: Adding an entry with @ in cn]

Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Wednesday, September 08, 2004 6:01 PM +0200 Jose Gonzalez Gomez <jgonzalez@opentechnet.com> wrote:

This is curious... If I try to create the entry shown below but instead of example2.com I use another thing, I'm able to create the entry. I remember having created this entry some time ago, but then I deleted it. Is there any way this entry may be still floating around, so I cannot see it if I issue a search, but prevents the creation of the same entry?

Perhaps your database is corrupted. Have you tried running db_recover if you are using BDB as your backend? Is anything returned when you search on the entry that is supposed to be deleted?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer

   I've tried the following (I guess it's correct) without success:

commserver ldap # /etc/init.d/slapd stop
* Stopping ldap-server... [ ok ]

commserver ldap # db4.1_recover -h /var/lib/openldap-openinput/

commserver ldap # /etc/init.d/slapd start
* Starting ldap-server... [ ok ]

commserver ldap # ldapadd -f cross-realm.ldif
SASL/GSSAPI authentication started
SASL username: ldapmaster@OPENINPUT.COM
SASL SSF: 56
SASL installing layers