replication recommendation

I am currently in the process of setting a project plan together to
upgrade our LDAP directories to openldap 2.2.x.  Right now, we are still
running 2.0.  We are currently setup with one master server, that uses
slurpd to replicate to 5 replicas.  These replicas are the servers we use
for queries such as radius and web applications.

We will be testing both syncrepl and slurpd in our lab for a bit before we
choose which option to use for our future replication.  However, I was
wondering if anyone can share their experiences with syncrepl and if you
believe it is production ready.

Thanks for any input.

Regards
Dustin Doris