Re: tsl troubles

At 11:45 AM 9/4/2004, SUBREDU Manuel wrote:
>Kurt D. Zeilenga wrote:
>>Client certificates are associated with users not systems.
>
> ok. but how can I use encrypted connection between the LDAP server, and another machine who is supposed to authenticate users using ldap ?

This doesn't require client certificates, just an server certificate.
A client certificate would only be needed if the LDAP client desired
to use TLS-based client authentication.

(Note here that client and server in my response refer to programs
acting as LDAP peers, not to 'machines' (or computer systems)).)

Kurt