Re: Openldap scalability problems

--On Tuesday, August 31, 2004 3:36 PM -0500 "Armbrust, Daniel C." <Armbrust.Daniel@mayo.edu> wrote:

I'm running into a scalability problem with openldap 2.2.15 - and
possibly what appears to be a memory leak.  I'm currently at a dead end -
so if anyone can offer any tips, I would appreciate it greatly.
Apologies for the lengthy post.

Hi Daniel,

Actually (if you check the devel list), I've seen some memory leak issues in 2.2.15 as well. We have 6 replica's serving our general pool. Pretty much every day since I upgraded to 2.2.15, at least one server has consumed all memory and swap. Sometimes it is 2 servers. I'm not real clear on what triggers the behavior. Last night, I built a profiling version of slapd, and deployed it on those 6 replica's. I'm hoping they are gathering real data on where the memory leaks are occurring. So hopefully, we'll have an answer soon.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer