Re: Can't delete a leaf node

Imobach González Sosa wrote:

Hi all,

I'm having a bizarre problem with our OpenLDAP installation. First of all, I must to say that this version is a little old (2.0.27), but it's what is shipped with RHEL3.

The trouble is that when I try to delete an empty ou, I get this error:

  Delete Result: Operation not allowed on nonleaf (66)
  Additional info: subtree delete not supported

I've read something about that in the list's archives, so I tried with ldapmodify and slapindex... but it didn't work.

ldapdelete -r -x -D "cn=admin,dc=myorg,dc=org" \ "ou=Students,ou=People,dc=myorg,dc=org" -W

So, any ideas? Could be an issue of the 2.0.27 version?

You likely see an occurrence of corrupted indices.  slapcat and slapadd
(of course, such an old release doesn't slapcat in order, so you might have
problems also with that.  You may need to sort entries "manually"
before you get something edible by slapd again.

p.