mapping one part of the DIT to another?

Hi all!

I'm currently working with openldap to replace a
another propreitary ldap system. The problem is that I
can't replace the client software as well, and the
client has some queries that are hard coded.

The client tries to verify the user by looking in
cn=jdoe,ou=users,dc=company,dc=com. We use
cn=jdoe,cn=users,dc=company,dc=com.

So, what I would like to do is take the client request
and process it as if it were really looking at the
cn=jdoe,cn=users,dc=company,dc=com

Can this be done?
Can someone please give me some guidance?

openldap-servers-2.1.29-1
openldap-devel-2.1.29-1
openldap-2.1.29-1
openldap-clients-2.1.29-1

-----------part of my slapd.conf ---------
This is how my openldap server auths users and is the
reason why I need to map this over to ou=users.

database      ldap
suffix        "cn=users,dc=company,dc=com"
subordinate
uri ldap://222.222.222.22