Re: OpenLDAP with back-sql schemacheck

Remco Post wrote:

On Fri, 20 Aug 2004 14:07:44 +0200
Pierangelo Masarati <ando@sys-net.it> wrote:

Remco Post wrote:

I guess that is my problem, posixaccount has an axillary relation to
top, but no structural. I guess I could change te world around by
adding a person objectclass to my records, to fix this, provided that
the other problem I mentiond, and you are fixing now is solved....

The current code in HEAD fixes your problems, i.e. you can explicitly
ask for objectClasses define din ldap_entry_objclasses in ldapsearch;

cool, I've just check HEAD out and am now building it. You don't happen to have a diff specific for this against 2.2.15? It would be nice to make just this one change. Well, if not, no problem....

Roughly, cvs diff -u -r OPENLDAP_REL_ENG_2_2_15 -r HEAD should do
the trick; I'm not so inclined towards preparing a patch becuse it would sound
"semi-official", and I'm not going to check it actually works. You might need
to tweak it a bit.

you can also filter for those objectClasses.  There are a few more
cleanups and I'm preparing a test for back-sql that should get rid of
all problems we're seeing right now by requiring functional features
not to be lost within code improvements.

Due to the nature of back-sql, the test is disbaled by default; one needs to
explicitly enable it AFTER configuring and populating an appropriate
RDBMS.

of course, but being able to test is great.

In a couple of minutes, the README with a few hints and caveats...

Btw, making the
inetOrgPerson the 'main' objectclass for my ldap entries does help with
the schemacheck problem.

I think that's THE solution :) There are vague plans about introducing a new
means to provide extra objectClasses to entries in a more elegant way that does
not require to overpopulate the ldap_entry_objclasses, but it's nothing close yet.

ciao, p.