Re: Selective Replication

--On Thursday, August 19, 2004 2:14 PM -0400 Karen R McArthur <kmcarthu@bates.edu> wrote:

RedHat 8.0
OpenLDAP 2.1.29-1

I have seen this question in the archive and various places on the web.
I've read as much documentation as I can find.  But did not see a
satisfactory solution.  Has anyone solved it.  And if so, how is it done?

We have an LDAP running replication.  We would like the slave to be
everything from the Master EXCEPT objectClass=posixAccount and it's data.
I have tried the following with these results:

1.) filter the replica on the objectClass=posixAccount

replogfile /usr/local/var/openldap-slurp/slapd.replog
     replica host=host.example.com:389
        binddn="cn=Replicate,dc=example,dc=com"
        credentials=secret
        bindmethod=simple
        suffix="ou=People,dc=example,dc=com"
        attr!=posixAccount

results: no posixAccout information is passed to the replog file - but NO
other objectClasses are passed, either - just their data.  When slapd
starts up, I get object Class violations due to no object Classes being
created.

Have you filed an ITS on this issue? Also, have you checked to see if it works correctly in OpenLDAP 2.2?

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer