RE: Secure Replication in a Redundant System

I can help you with the SSL bit, having just figured it out myself.

In your openssl.cnf add the following in the [usr_cert] section:
subjectAltName=DNS:ldap.mycompany.com

Now you can generate certificates for te correct hostname of the servers
and they will also
Work with ldap.mycompany.com, use the correct hostname for replication
and have clients make
Their requests to ldap.mycompany.com.

Be sure to point your ldap.conf on the clients to the correct CA cert
for this to work.

If you still have problems contact me off the list.

Jeff Saxton
Sr. Support Engineer
Addamark Technologies, Inc.
http://www.addamark.com