Re: Search filter

On Tuesday 17 August 2004 08:28, anis wrote:
> Hi,
> thanks. I didn´t run slapindex. But I have deleted the wohole DB and set it
> up for new. Now it seems to work.
> Do you mean I can´t perform searches like *a* beacus it is small er than 3
> letters?

You can of course perform such searches. It's just that the substring indexes
aren't used for substrings shorter that 3. So substring searches with less
than 3 characters will result in a higher CPU load on the server side.

> wher can I find such infos about indices?

I am not exactly sure if this is special topic documented in the man pages or
the admin guide but it was discussed multiple time here on this list, so you
should be able to find it in the archives.

--
Ralf Haferkamp
SUSE LINUX AG, Maxfeldstrasse 5, D-90409 Nuernberg